At Foresterie Nordic, we are committed to continuously improving the environmental performance of our forestry activities.
Our environmental policy applies to all personnel and service providers and has the following six goals in mind:
- Comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding the environmental aspects of our forestry activities and preserve the forest’s long term ecological integrity
- Comply with the requirements of the Certification of forest management companies (Certification des entreprises d'aménagement forestier, CEAF) and the principles and criteria of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- Prevent forest pollution by using forestry products and practices that prevent, reduce, or control pollution
- Train personnel and subcontractors on the importance of their individual roles and the positive or negative impacts they can have on the environment, and make them accountable for their actions
- Set environmental targets and objectives for all forestry operations and functions based on this environmental policy
- Make this policy publicly available